Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Downloadable Audio Books


Downloadable audio and e-books - Thing 22
I have downloaded audiobooks and e-books from Net Library & Overdrive.
In fact, when people have trouble with Overdrive, they sometimes end up talking to me.
A very long time ago, I downloaded a book from Project Gutenberg. They were not called e-books in those days. I could read it only on my computer screen.

There are some really nice (albeit expensive) e-book readers out there. Sony has one and Amazon has one of their own. I would actually consider buying one if we could read our Overdrive e-books on them. Overdrive e-books have DRM [digital rights management] components that neither of these readers can deal with. I am not necessarily a fan of DRM, but you can appreciate that Overdrive would not be able to get the book rights from the publishers without it.

Yes, I know this picture has nothing to do with audiobooks or e-books. I just thought a picture would be nice. Wait --- maybe it is a leaf from a book!

No comments: