Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Rollyo - Thing #12

I came, I listened, I looked and I rolled.

I listened to the podcast about Rollyo. (added “podcast” to my custom dictionary in Word).

I explored the Rollyo website …. Looking at the recently added category I noticed an inordinate number of Flagyl searchrolls added by MainCanadianPharmacy.com .

I didn’t go looking for Deborah Messing’s list, but there it was: Online Shopping.

I didn’t find a knitting machine searchroll, so I made one. It wasn’t comprehensive, but that’s ok, since it can be edited. By anyone, apparently. And since I don’t have a username, I was identified by an arcane number.

I tried it out with a search for afghan, and the search did bring up relevant results from the sources I specified.

The idea here is to create searchrolls you would want to use again and again. But as easy as it is to roll your own, this could be very helpful even for one-time use.

No comments: