Thursday, November 29, 2007

Craigslist

I have, in the course of 23 Things, already visited & played with several of the Web 2.0 award winners: Technorati, Bloglines, Library Thing, Wetpaint, PBwiki, Flickr, Del.icio.us, YouTube. A few others I have been to before: Etsy, Picasa, Google maps, 43 Things, Craigslist…..

Although I have nosed around Craigslist from time to time, I haven’t actually used it myself. Not so my daughter. She has found all sorts of things, from places to live to a bicycle to … did she really find her husband there, too? She’s not telling.

Craigslist is searchable local classified advertisements [and forums] for hundreds of cities around the world. Craigslist says they are “community moderated and largely free.”

So if I want to look for a job, I can choose my location (Washington DC), find the “Jobs” heading, try to decide on a category …. or just do a search and limit by jobs. When I used “librarian” as my search term, I got 8 results. One of them was for a General Office Clerk. I probably won’t apply for that one.

Or I could take a look at what people are giving away, by looking under the "Free" heading.

No comments: