Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Podcasts

Normally, I run across podcasts serendipitously. It never occurred to me that I would want to search for a podcast. For example, Knitpicks, an online knitting supply store (and catalog), does knitting-related podcasts periodically, and you can find them on their website. Book Expo and MLA had event-related podcasts this year. In fact Monica did one and Valerie did another. I contributed in my own small way by supplying the voice recorder for Valerie's and converting the sound file to an appropriate format.

Podcast.net has a directory-style listing of podcasts. You can drill down in the category listings, but you can also search by keyword and other criteria.

I looked at Hobbies & Recreation and found the listing (by newest to oldest, though you could re-sort alphabetically). Kind of overwhelming. But you can browse by initial letter, too, so maybe I’ll see if I can get to knitting. 19 podcasts were tagged with the word “knitting,” though another few were tagged with such tags as “knit,” “kniting,” “knitter,” “knitters,” “knitty.”

I decided to add a button to link to the Knitpicks podcasts. Here it is:


No comments: